To vote in the 2020 Council elections you need to be enrolled on the voters roll. Find out if you are enrolled or how to enrol to vote in the Whitehorse 2020 Council elections.
Visit the VEC website to watch videos on 'How to enrol to vote in local council elections' in your local language.
Find out more details about Whitehorse City Council postal election ( PDF 261.99KB) and View the candidates for the October local council election.
If you live in Whitehorse and are enrolled to vote in state elections at your current address, you are automatically enrolled to vote in Council elections.
If you are an Australian citizen aged 18 years or over and you have lived at your current address in Whitehorse for at least one month you will need to enrol with the Victorian Electoral Commission if you are not on the State electoral roll.
You can apply, check and amend your state enrolment details online at vec.vic.gov.au.
Voting is compulsory for state enrolled electors for Council elections.
If you were on the last voters’ roll for Whitehorse at the 2016 Council elections as a non-resident owner (and the circumstances of your enrolment have not changed), you will be automatically enrolled by council to vote at this year’s election.
You can apply to vote in Whitehorse’s elections if you are aged 18 years or over, pay rates for a property in Whitehorse and are not otherwise entitled to vote in Whitehorse. This includes:
- people who are not Australian citizens ( PDF 285.69KB)
- property owners who do not live in Whitehorse and were not enrolled on the 2016 voters’ roll as a non-resident owner ( PDF 285.69KB)
- people who occupy rateable property in Whitehorse and are liable to pay the rates ( PDF 287.48KB)
- a company owner who can nominate one representative to vote on its behalf ( PDF 290.54KB). The representative must be a director or secretary of the company.
- a company occupier who can nominate one representative to vote on its behalf ( PDF 288.24KB). The representative must be a director or secretary of the company.
- If there are three or more non resident owners ( PDF 402.68KB), the first two named owners are included on the roll, the owners are able to assign the first two votes to an alternative owner(s)
- If a corporation/company nomination has been received by council for the 2020 election and you wish to rescind the nomination ( PDF 292.71KB)
- If an occupier nomination has been received by council for the 2020 election and you wish to rescind the nomination ( PDF 291.52KB)
Forms must be signed and received by Council prior to entitlement date – 4.00pm on Friday 28 August 2020. Late applications will not be considered.
Completed forms can be submitted:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Locked Bag 2, Nunawading VIC 3131
- Fax: 9262 6490