Connect and Support Service - Empowering individuals to connect to community, information and supports.
Our Connect and Support team are here to listen and help you discover the many options available to you in your ageing journey.
We can help
- connect you to social groups and community programs and activities
- learn about the aged care system, including the intake and assessment process
- find out about local service providers
- find carer support services and networks
- refer you directly to advocacy and support services, such as the Commonwealth funded Care Finder Network or Access and Support Service.
Want to receive a call from our Connect and Support team?
- Phone Council Customer Service on (03) 9262 6333 to register for a call back service
Accessing Aged Care Services
If you or a loved one is aged 65 years and over and require support to remain living independently at home, your first step is to contact My Aged Care.
Phone: 1800 200 422
To find out if you are eligible, you must register with My Aged Care and have a face-to-face assessment in your home.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
If you are under 65 years of age, the NDIS provides funding to eligible people with disability to gain more time with family and friends, greater independence, access to new skills, jobs, or volunteering in their community, and improved quality of life.
Phone: 1800 800 110